button commands don;t flow through from the system
level any more. In other words if I link the
Volume button to my AMp Volume+ button in the
System Properties screen, it's not there on the
Volume+ screen for any of my devices.

Not an insurmountable problem, but it means that
when I change my amp, I will have to change the
Volume +/- and Mute button defs for every device
on the Pronto instead of just on the System Properties.

Pete

I've come across one thing that helps in this situation (and in changing bitmaps, etc.). This may have been present in the older versions of ProntoEdit, but I wasn't aware of it. When you double-click an item, the properties window opens up, in which you can change all of an item's attributes. But, if you now click on another item (without closing the properties window), the properties window changes to display the attributes of the item just clicked. This helps changing the bit maps of items (as well as other attributes) immensely. What I have done is set up a few macros (with one of the many PC macro programs) that removes the old bit maps, imports the new ones, and even moves to and clicks on the next button I want to edit. This way I can rapidly change the bitmaps on buttons with only a single keystroke per button. Much faster and easier on the wrist. Changing the volume +/- buttons can be handled similarly.

Even without a macro program you can fairly easily change the volume buttons by leaving the properties window open and clicking through the various devices to be changed. When you go to create a link for each of these, the links window will default to what was selected previously. So, once the properties window is open, click on the device, click on the Create Link, hit return and that should do it for each device.

Paul

Hosting Services by ipHouse