Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday March 1, 2003 at 09:32
bdorfman
Long Time Member
November 2002
Another observation:
Even for other types of devices that do work to some degree, very few of the buttons have any function. I also think that may be a bug.

In PENG, if you copy a Page from one Device to another, where the second Device has the same buttons as the first device, you'll often find that the IRcodes that you had set for those buttons in the first device did not map properly to the correct IRcode in the new device (by button name, not by actual code). So what was the "Menu" IR code for device-1, and should be the "Menu" IR code for device-2, is instead some other code. You have to manually change it to "Menu" in the copied-to device.

My speculation is that the Brand tool is having the same problem. The Philips brand that the device is originally configured for has a Guide button. The Brand tool allows me to change the Device to a Scientific Atlanta device (which also has a Guide IRcode), but the Brand tool may not be changing the Guide button to the new Guide IRcode. (In fact, now that I look, I see that the Guide (and other) buttons are now crosshatched, indicating that they don't have any actions associated with them!)

Note that if the rebranding is messing up (as described above) all of the buttons you "Try" (or that "Search" trys) then it would appear that your device isn't in the database, which may not be true at all.

I can probably verify or disprove this with an upload, which I'll try in a bit.
Barry

Hosting Services by ipHouse