The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 10, 2003 at 14:12
cninham
Long Time Member
March 2003
Has anyone else come across this BUG? Try the following, create a button, and assign multiple (two or more) IR Codes to it to send successive digits to a remotely controlled device. E.g, let say I want to change to channel 16 -- thus, I need to send IR Codes with 'Digits 1' & Digit 6' to change to channel 16. So I create a macro with the first IR Code for 'Digit 1' and add a second IR Code for 'Digit 6'. However, when I look at the first IR Code, which is supposed to be 'Digit 1', it *now* shows up as 'Digit 6'...!!! Change the first IR Code value to 'Digit 4' and watch the last IR Code value also change to 'Digit 4'. Change the last IR Code to 'Digit 8' and watch the first IR Code value also change to 'Digit 8', etc. etc. etc. Change any IR Code to 'Digit n' and the *other* IR Code also change to the same value as the last 'Digit n value you selected.

Am I crazy? Is anyone else also getting this problem? Is this a bug???

Thank you.

Cameron

-----

Let me clarify my statement: The bug is not apparent when you create a button on a device page.

However, the BUG is definitely present when you create sequential/successive digits inside the Actions -> Normal Actions for a DEVICE.

Say from the Pronto’s main home page, when you select TV, you want to the Pronto to switch to the TV page, and execute a couple of automated actions (e.g. to turn ON the TV, and switch to channel 16). To have the remote do this, you would do the following:

Under the main Home page, create a New Device – label it TV. Right click the TV Device, select Properties, go to Settings tab, and make 'Type of Device' = TV, 'Brand' = Sony, 'Code set' = 0027. Now, still on the Device Properties windows, select the Actions tab, select Normal Actions. Add IR Code, select ‘Power On’. Add IR Code, select 'Digit 1', again select Add IR Code, select 'Digit 6'. Go back and edit any of the IR Codes for the 'Digit n' No matter which digit you edit, the other IR Code changes to the same Digit value...

This message was edited by cninham on 03/10/03 16:50.

Hosting Services by ipHouse