The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday February 15, 2006 at 20:52
mikeb
Lurking Member
October 2002
Peter you comment sort of pisses me off, considering I'm not a newbiw on many boards but of course made my buying decision based upon this one. But as many will attest I do not really want to spend my life customizing me remote however after the first three hours I can tell you a pronto is simply not that easy to make work. That is why the logitech's get so much money. It would be impossible if it were not for simple respectful people like mrailing who simple stated to buy the Ultimate Guide. I searched and did not find a simple "how to" and now that I know I can see the banner ads and the like.

All I can say is I have had the Kameleon, the Logitech 880 and my system deserves a beter remote and after reading these boards for a few years for maybe 5 minutes at a time. I can see after my first night I "can" make it do exactly what I want but at $850 for a remote and at least 20 hours of a learning curve, I would hope that afficondos would want to help and not treat sonmeone who can afford this remote with dignity and respect. What I am trying to say is never flame a newbie, who knows you may buy a new 5 series, start and Internet business, or maybe even a 5000sqft custom home and trust me there are boards for all of these.

I am no video/audiophile but with a 1080p 73" Mits being delivered tommorrow, I was hoping to at least get he remote tot the point where "I" could work it. And yes I read the FAQ's and reviews before buying. But programming a Pronto to work perfectly can seem a little daunting when your wife is bitching about why you would buy it in the first place. Thanks mrailing for the simple reply I will get started there tonight.

Hosting Services by ipHouse