Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday October 31, 2006 at 03:39
Bill Kounellas
Founding Member
January 2002
John, here are my answers:

In the same 7500 remote that long sample of Pronto hex (starting 0000 006E 0024) worked? And the short on (starting 900A) didn't?

---Yes, the long code works, the short code does not but that was when I used the 3000. When I had to move to the 7000 they stopped working. I had to work a lot with the 3000 to get it to work. In fact, the matrix switch has other outputs that I could not even get to work and had to stick with Vid Out 2.----

I wonder if you have somehow corrupted the firmware in the 7500 so it no longer knows how to transmit codes beginning with "900A". I know only about the IR signals, not about the firmware: Do you have the 7500 firmware on your PC? If so, can you get a new copy online somewhere in case the copy on the PC is corrupted? Can you reload the firmware into the 7500?

---I can try this but I have a 7000 and 7500 and neither work this particular matrix switch. Can both of these be corrupted?----------

For example in post 15 you name one thing "Video Output 2" and show four different learned signals. What is the relation of those four signals to "Video Output 2"?

---This matrix switch has 4 inputs it can switch for each of its outputs. Those 4 signals represent each of the discrete inputs for Video Out 2, and only 2 of them worked------

In posts 9 and 11 you show an insignificant change made by PENG to a long form signal, then I think report that it later changed again, this time to the short form. Does it really take transfer to the remote and back to make the second change? In other threads people have described situations in which PENG steps a signal through multiple forms. After you look at it each time and press OK it stores it back in the next form, so if you look at it again (or use it) you have the next form.

---It only changes it to the short form when it learns the signal ---

One other note, I have a MX500 and MX950 and both of these work the matrix switch with no problem, could there be something with this particular frequency that this Matrix switch uses that is causing problems?
Bill Kounellas

Hosting Services by ipHouse