Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday October 23, 2006 at 09:30
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I want to make sure I'm really understanding you:

In the same 7500 remote that long sample of Pronto hex (starting 0000 006E 0024) worked? And the short on (starting 900A) didn't?

They represent the same IR signal. There is a tiny difference in modulation frequency (the 6E vs. 6D) that I'm certain does not matter to the actual device. (I don't know whether that 6E matters to PENG when you paste in a long code and PENG decides whether or not to convert it to a short code).

I wonder if you have somehow corrupted the firmware in the 7500 so it no longer knows how to transmit codes beginning with "900A". I know only about the IR signals, not about the firmware: Do you have the 7500 firmware on your PC? If so, can you get a new copy online somewhere in case the copy on the PC is corrupted? Can you reload the firmware into the 7500?

Anyway, if the long form works, it shouldn't be too hard to construct long forms that work for all the signals. But even rereading this thread a couple times, I can't follow what you've done so far and what works vs. what doesn't.

For example in post 15 you name one thing "Video Output 2" and show four different learned signals. What is the relation of those four signals to "Video Output 2"?

In posts 9 and 11 you show an insignificant change made by PENG to a long form signal, then I think report that it later changed again, this time to the short form. Does it really take transfer to the remote and back to make the second change? In other threads people have described situations in which PENG steps a signal through multiple forms. After you look at it each time and press OK it stores it back in the next form, so if you look at it again (or use it) you have the next form.

Hosting Services by ipHouse