The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday February 22, 2007 at 13:46
rsblaski
Long Time Member
November 2002
On February 22, 2007 at 05:08, TreDEE said...
Unless I am doing something wrong I go to each device,
go to properties, enable RF and set the IDs right? Is
there another step I am missing?

That's correct. Make sure that in each of your device property pages that the channel AND extender ID are set to the same channel and extender ID that is set on the 6500. If you still have a problem, try changing the channel and extender ID on your property pages and the 6500. It's not likely, but possible that you could be getting interference on the channel or ID that you currently have selected.

Are you setting the channels and IDs in the editor? If so, double check on your 7000 to make sure that the setting didn't somehow revert to either IR or change the RF settings. Go into "tools" and then go into the IR/RF settings and make sure that each of your devices are set to the channels and IDs that you want.

Other than that, try moving the emitters around to different areas in your cabinet. I had one piece of equipment that was really sensitive and the only way I got it to work, (and it works really well now) was to try mounting it on different spots on the inside of the cabinet door.

I hope you get the RF to work. It makes the whole HT experience a lot more enjoyable to be able to press one button and sit back and watch or listen to your "stuff".

Good luck,
Rick

Hosting Services by ipHouse