The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 26, 2007 at 11:01
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
My TSU7000 docking station had been working fine for years. Recently, when I tried to download a PCF from my PC to my TSU7000, I got the "Device is not connected..." error message. I tried reinstalling the Pronto software, tried manually updating the driver, and other advice from older threads of this forum. I stil kept getting "Device is not connected". In Device Manager, it just says something like "Unknown USB device". So, I plugged in the USB cable directly to the bottom of my TSU7000, and my TSU7000 was recognized, and I can now download my PCF file to the TSU7000.

My docking station doesn't appear to have any damage. When I dock my TSU7000, the 2 blue lights come on to charge my TSU7000. However, I get the "Device is not connected..." error when I try to use the docking station.

So, my questions are:

1. Any recommendations for how to diagnose the problem with my docking station?

2. Where can I get a replacement docking station for the TSU7000? I looked at Philips web site and ebay, and did not find one.

3. I have my old TSU3000's docking station. Theoretically, I've heard it should work. However, do we know for a fact that it is 100% compatible with the TSU7000, so that it can detect when the TSU7000 is fully charged?

4. I'm thinking of getting the TSU7500 since I need two Prontos in two rooms (maybe the Pronto Pro, but not sure yet...). If I get the TSU7500, can I use its docking station for both the TSU7000 and TSU7500? Is the TSU7500's docking station 100% compatible with the TSU7000?

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse