The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday September 7, 2006 at 12:57
smokinghot
August 2006
Well there you go.....

I used the MSRP for the TSU7500, which is much closer to $1000. Sorry but I wasn't bargin shopping when I looked it up. To be honest I most likely used the wrong conversion too.

However using the MSRP and the proper conversion to kr, at least by my online banking service, the total still comes to 6200kr. Sorry, that doesn't include any shipping and taxes that may added.

The price I saw when I suggested hunting a little, was actually close to same as what Stoobie mentioned. (googled for a uk dealer)

Either way your right.... That is a good gap.

Todays electrical equipment for the part does support both voltages. Unfortuniately not many do it automatically. A physical switch is used to reposition either a transformer tap or switch in additional solid state devices. The TSU7500 has no such switch and there is no need for it. They obivously make a separate unit for that voltage. The Hz I don't believe to be an issue. I thought I would mention it just to cover all the bases.

There is no easy way to compensate for the lower frequency. You would have to take the power at 50Hz, convert it to DC, then pulse it back to 60Hz. Not exactly cost efficient....lol There are other ways, but it's still only a band aid. A power supply designed for 60Hz will not produce the same DC with being only provided 50Hz. Not really what we're discussing here but don't think for a moment that if you did have warranty based issues that Philips wouldn't use that as method of getting out of covering any repairs.

If I were in your shoes and the IR communication wasn't a possible issue, I'd buy the TSU7500. Worth the risk given the extra cost. Worst case senario, you bust it, buy a North American replacement parts, and pay someone to fix it. Probably still ahead of the game.....

Best of Luck...!
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse