Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday March 25, 2007 at 15:47
DanKurts
Founding Member
June 2001
Thanks Mitch and Lyndel
I thought about the IR being too strong, initially, having had multiple go-rounds with the ridiculous new Direct boxes. Just did a call back on one yesterday. Had to position the blaster 2" away from the IR receiver on the front. Stuck right on the metal front. Worked okay, but when the customer closed the doors to the cabinet, it over reacted. Finally positoned it on the top! Waaaaayyyyy too sensitve.
In any case, I did play with that a little. I even bypassed the 791 and plugged the blaster into the RF6500. same thing. 791's come from the factory set for low, BTW. I did move the blaster around some, didn't seem to help. If moved more than a few inches away, the Zune stopped responding to on IR, so assumed it was not overly sensitive. I'll mess around with it some more Monday. But hey, I'll try painting the toilet green if the thing starts working!
I also have another Zune dock in the basement theater, and the two are going to be connected by wireless via Pronto, different RF settings. Setup already work on all other devices.
Curious if anyone else has a Zune on RF.
Thanks again, for the ideas, gentlemen!
Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse