Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday March 23, 2007 at 18:08
DanKurts
Founding Member
June 2001
John & Ernie

Thanks for the reply, and sorry it was a confusing explanation. 16hr days kinda leave you goofy, and I had been dogging this for a few hours at the end.

The 291-90 is the plasma friendly IR receiver used with Xantech products. I used it with the 791-44 because I wanted to test out the Xantech repeater portion with the Zune codes. On this install, the RF6500 extender is the normal feed for the 791.
The codes work multiple times on IR, either directly at the Zune dock or through the 291 and 791, exactly as any learned code duplicating the original remote. I even downloaded the only Zune ccf from the files section here, and it behaves the same.
The Denon amp volume/mute is linked through the properties for the Zune device, and whether the 7000 is set for RF or IR, it works on the Zune page.

All the Cable pages work fine through RF. So, to test further, I created a new button on one of the Cable device pages, learned code to it, and tried that. Same thing, works fine IR, not RF, yet all Cable functions still work fine, either way. And the Denon amp vol/mute buttons, which are linked as well there, still work.

Everything (two receivers, DVD, TV, DVD changer, and more), except the codes for the Zune, work RF.
I've made the usual mistakes of not setting the RF right, or forgetting the original codes for a link need to be set to RF as well, but all that is set correctly. The Zune only has one page, with the codes learned on the buttons.

The only thing I can imagine is somehow the codes are getting corrupted in RF mode. In IR mode, because all works, it can't be the blaster is to close/far or something wierd like the new ultra sensitive Direct boxes.

A real head scratcher, and I'm trying to save what little hair is left up there!

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse