The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Thursday March 29, 2007 at 21:47
hansenmick
Founding Member
February 2002
Well, I happened to find another one on Ebay...arrived today. Same as my first one, the LCD was fine, just the glasstop was cracked. Just for giggles, I dropped it into my current base and all the buttons lit up and I heard its 'beep beep'....but no LCD. So, surgury began. Five minutes later, I had her torn apart. I became VERY clear that someone had done something to the original screen, and tried to CRAM something else in it's place. Hogged-out all of the plastic retainers that hold the screen in place...GROUND DOWN (yes...I said GROUND...IE with a GRINDER!!!!) the side opposite the ribbon cable connector ends and cut completely through the ribbons where they wrap around the screen!!!! Oh well. It cam in it's original box with all original documents, cables, software and the lot. Just so happened that my 600mah battery was losing it's charge-holding time, and this new one came with a 700mah unit. Also, my original base was starting to not allow my remote to dock correctly, the new one was more or less NIB. Keep it for spare parts.....might even ship it to Philips. Only cost me $50...I think Philips wanted $250 to do an out of warranty exchange, if I remember right....mybe I should look for the Ipaq the screens come from on Ebay....hmmmmm

Hosting Services by ipHouse