The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Monday July 16, 2007 at 08:44
tshrimp
Long Time Member
July 2007
On July 16, 2007 at 07:28, johnsfine said...
Maybe reloading the firmware into the Pronto.

I'll give that a shot.

John,

does your remote respond quickly to constant pushes of a button? Was wondering if I am expecting what this remote cannot do. Example, pressing channel up 6 times fast and it does up 6 time, and not 3. That sort of thing?

What exactly does the duration setting do? I think length of time the signal is sent. If that is the case then I need to go to the negative numbers since the issue is I press the button and it takes too long for my equipment to respond or like it wont stop so it can to on to the next item. (especially to the 2nd press. It is like it is waiting for the 1st press to finish up), but then again I am a noob with this remote.

Thanks again guys for this continued help. I think this remote could be awesome if I can get it working right.

Edit to my post. Just read the following from the TSU3000 review here which summerizes my issue. I know it is not the TSU3500, but since very similar....

"All buttons on the TSU3000 also have a troubling lag between the time they are pressed and the time the command is finally transmitted. While most remotes (including the original Pronto) operate on an instantaneous basis – the instant you make contact with the button is the instant the command begins transmitting – the Pronto NG has a quarter to half second delay on both LCD and hard buttons. The remote beeps instantly, but the command isn’t sent until later. Worse still, if buttons are tapped too quickly some commands are dropped – even if the remote beeped for each. Enter the digits for channel “185” in rapid succession and you may get channel “15”. Finally, the minimum transmit time on the TSU3000 is slightly longer than previous Prontos, further impacting how quickly buttons can be sequentially pressed.
"

Last edited by tshrimp on July 16, 2007 11:20.

Hosting Services by ipHouse