The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 85 made on Monday October 18, 2004 at 10:42
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
If you look at my .pcf file you will notice I do not label any of the DVD cover images. You have to identify them by the DVD cover image itself when using the remote. You only want to include a label for a button if you intend on that text being seen on the button itself. The DVD cover images will not accomodate this. You would not want them to.

I also do not use the gallery with the editor. I never have. It is slow and just makes more work for you. I'd recommend keeping all your DVD cover images for import into PPENG in a folder on your hard drive. You can then simply use the "Import Bitmap" option under the button properties / appearance tab. Doing things this way allows you to select the DVD cover image you want by its file name. Of course you can view the files to choose from by details, thumbnails, or whatever. It works much better this way. Trust me. :-) By the way, I am not sure how you are naming your DVD cover image files, but I do not name mine by DVD title. I name them by the collection ID DVD Profiler assigns them, which is also the changer slot I am going to place the DVD disc in. This is also the DVD slot loading macro number I need to link to that button in PPENG.

Hope you followed that. If you read through this thread again more carefully I explain all this in detail. Good luck with your .pcf file. Glad to hear you are making good progress.

-Lowpro

This message was edited by Lowpro on 10/18/04 11:31 ET.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse