Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Monday July 5, 2004 at 02:41
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On 07/04/04 15:34, HDTVJunkie said...

"10" gets the premier slot. Love Bo, hate Bolero.

I'm fascinated with the amount of work you've
done on your 7000. How long does it take you to
add one DVD (including Photoshop work) now that
the infrastructure is in place?

10 minutes max from adding a new title to my DVD Profiler, saving the DVD cover image, loading my pcf to add that new DVD cover, to downloading the adjusted .pcf file to the remote.

A good part of that ten minutes however is waiting for my .pcf to load and in turn, download to the remote at the end of the process. With my .pcf I have all the macros for the remaining slots in my 3rd changer already done, so there is no work there at all other than jogging cover images down to make room for a new title. Then I just link that new DVD cover to the appropriate macro. Depending on the title I may have more or less DVD cover images to jog down. No one letter carries over to another on the same page however, so I only have to jog images down for that letter. Since I use that temporary background image it is very easy to jog DVD covers down quickly while keeping the placement consistent.

There is no real work in Photoshop for the DVD covers. I simply paste the DVD cover from my DVD Profiler to a new file in Photoshop, save it by collection ID in its original size first, then resize the pic and save it again for import into the remote with PPENG. I have actions setup in Photoshop that do this for me, so it takes even less time than it should. :-P

The system I have worked out is very dynamic even though everything is a manual process. The only time consuming work was getting everything initially setup. Sometimes I hold off and add several new DVD titles at once, but I enjoy spending the few minutes updating my DVD Profiler and pcf file, so I will take the time to just add one new title. It's fun! :-)

-Lowpro

This message was edited by Lowpro on 05/01/05 09:16 ET.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse