The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 103 made on Monday August 29, 2005 at 23:26
joecentral
Lurking Member
June 2005
Well, an update, after having the batteries out for sometime it started working as I posted earlier. However, just as Jedi Mike predicted, after about a week, the Pronto touchscreen went dead again (by dead I mean no response from a tap, but it lit up properly and everything). So, I'm sending mine back to Philips in Beligium as well, since they did e-mail me earlier requesting some units to investigate.

I'm not really convinced on PeraV's solution for all these problems. I did take mine apart and pulled out the connector and cleaned it well. That did not make a difference. Then just leaving it alone for a couple weeks, and everything works fine?? It definately seems like something else, rather than a dirty connector, at least for mine.

However, PeraV's solution was for a RU950, while mine was a TSU3000, which I know are basically the same, but maybe experiencing slightly different problems. It is also possible that there are multiple problems that can cause this touchscreen issue.

Well, in any case, I hope with the number of units that are being sent back to the Belgium ProntoTeam, a solution will be found.

Hosting Services by ipHouse