The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 98 made on Sunday August 21, 2005 at 13:31
CaptnHowdy
Long Time Member
April 2003
Belly up, dead touchscreen...I have had this happen to THREE so far, the first one was replaced (Yes, I paid the 156.12 or whatever it came to, the customer was willing to pay for the replacement, I did not mark it up on him...), the second was "retired", but now I have a third...
Serial # 73636876
Newest Firmware/Software

What I found interesting was that Philips did not want the old one back on the replaced one, they just shipped me a new one. That one got opened up to look for anything obvious. I need to replace this latest one, but I am unwilling to pay another 150 bucks.

This kinda scares me, as I have several more 3000s installed in clients homes, and I fear the rest will start flaking out.

If anyone from Philips wants two more dead 3000s, and wants to replace them, feel free, as I can't run around charging 150 everytime one dies, and my customers DO talk to each other (that's how they found me in the first place, gotta love word of mouth...), some are getting turned off of ANYTHING Philips.

I love the Pronto, I really do. But I fear the 3000 now. If anyone has any input on how the replacements are working out, please post. It's just too hard to push for 7000s all the time, the 3000 is at a price point I can sell to even the cheaper customers, but I need to know this will not keep happening...

Matt
aka CaptnHowdy

Hosting Services by ipHouse