The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Sunday February 2, 2003 at 12:16
beever
Founding Member
August 2001
Ok, just did some research on this tablet pc. Lots of people complaining about the Ir feature. If that doesn't work than its worthless as a remote control. It has a smaller screen than the Ipronto does. It isn't designed for this type of use, it is a wireless touchscreen computer that CAN be hacked to be a remote control. I think the product is discontinued, no mention of it on the sonicblue website and firesales at ebay are everywhere. NO HARD BUTTONS WHATSOEVER! That's a real pain in the ass. I like the hard buttons and the ability to change volume or channels without having to fire up the touchscreen for everything. When all is said and done, it will cost about the same as the street price of the Ipronto, retail on the tablet is over $3000.

A few other things to mention. Once Ipronto is released, there will be dozens of cool graphics and buttons for it, you can forget anything fancy with the tablet, unless you can do it yourself. Not much sharing or file swapping with the tablet, if any at all. More windows crap, please enough already. You have to wait for the tablet to boot up, operational crashes and other nonsense.

I have read enough to know that i want the Ipronto, to each his own. Give me something designed to be a remote, in current producion with hard buttons, a larger screen and a community like this to troubleshoot and swap files. Oh, and it will most likely street for less than all of the tablet, wireless cards, software package and IR transmitters too!

Hosting Services by ipHouse