The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday December 14, 2003 at 14:19
grs
Long Time Member
December 2003
I find the forced d/l is a catch-as-catch-can deal. Sometimes it will take me literally days to hit the right Internet opening and make connection and download. Other times, it is relatively painless. I've changed from DHCP to fixed and back so many times that I can't keep track of which, if either, works best (I think its worked both ways). Who knows, maybe Philips has one dinky server trying to wait on all of us.

As for the access point freezing up, I've finally gotten rid of that problem -- at least for the last eight days. Eight days ago I replaced the Philips wireless card with an old SohoWare CableFREE II card I'd had around (my wireless router is a Netblaster II and I'd had the CableFREE II cards for other laptops in the house). Ever since, there have been NO down times with the router. Also, EPG downloads now regularly occur early AM (since everything's always connected to the Internet) and the ICF reconfiguration takes no more than 30 minutes and usually 5 or 10 minutes (compared to the 3 hours it used to take). Then again, maybe in another week things will have degraded back to nearly worthless. BTW, at one point this past week I uploaded my ICF and re-downloaded it to iPronto. Maybe that also helped clear up something?? Too bad that the possibilities are nearly endless.

Hosting Services by ipHouse