The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Sunday February 8, 2004 at 16:01
hammer
Long Time Member
December 2003
Vincent, you have hit the nail on the head.

Wattsn, you are one of the lucky ones. You received a productg that worked as intended right out of the box.

I on the other hand, wasted days of time and hundreds of dollars in shipping costs trying to get just one good one. My experience was horrific. Take the time to roll back and see what type of experience that I had. I didn't get one bad unit but two bad units. My problems were not about programming. Any individual with reasonable intelligence can do that. My problems were brand new units that had not been QA'd. One unit had a bad screen that was obvious at the time of turning the unit on. The other was due to a crack in the motherboard. Both issues could have been caught at the manufacturer if it had properly been tested. Philips lack of QA and inconsistancy is a huge issue for consumers.

My experience with their technical support team was just as disappointing. Go read about it and then pray that you do not have to deal with them. Again, if Philips is going to sell a $1600 remote control then they should support it.

I returned my iPronto long ago but I haven't forgotten my experience with Philips. I still have my pound of flesh to take. My lost dollars worth, you might say.

And a last word about beta testing. Could it be that they are trying to apease you? As there are so many disappointed owners it's easier to try to give them a word or a voice to make them feel important. Beta testing should be left to professionals. Do you have a clue as how to test a unit properly? Are you aware of the specification documents that should be generated prior to test? Or even how you would approach a systematic test? I bet not. I've been in the software systems development profession for 25 years and customer beta testing programs are offered only to unhappy customers. It's just smoke and mirrors.

I feel its important of prospective iPronto owners to see other peoples experiences before they buy. They need all of the information. Some may be happy and some may get burned, like me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse