The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday April 15, 2004 at 16:02
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
While I am waiting and waiting and waiting for Philips to automatically, soon, well, soonish anyway, send me the email that lets me get into the site so I can download the iPronto software, I gotta ask:

Do I correctly conclude from the above and from the short icf instructions in the manual that, in order to use a computer to program this remote, I have to go out and buy a wireless network?

When I go to my customer's house to program, do I take the wireless network with me?

At this point I do not want internet connection. I just want to load an icf into the thing.

added note: it is ten minutes later and the super-spiffy computers at Philips have not yet autoresponded with whatever they will send me so that I can get into the site and download the program. How disappointing -- a free Canadian JOKE site responded in about twenty seconds, and this is the longest ANY site has ever taken to send a confirmation. Makes me skeptical about their high-tech capabilities.

This message was edited by Ernie Bornn-Gilman on 04/15/04 16:15.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse