The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday April 9, 2004 at 18:17
wattsn
Founding Member
April 2002
"Support for USB keyboards is in the works." For what purpose? Surely use of the SD/MMC slot for backup and loading would be far more useful. Or am I missing something.

Personally I think Philips deserve a rocket up the you know where. (9 months some have owned this device and sold with the marketing blurb of having expansion capability via Sd/MMC and USB and what have we seen. Diddly squat. Nada. Nothing.

I was involved in the recent beta programme and loads of suggestions were pit forward for furthering this product and really starting to use some of the power of this device. I too would like to see some info from Philips on their plans for this platform. So far I'm beginning to feel it's gonna go the same way as my old Philips CDi player - to the technology rest home in the sky where it bumbles on with limited functionality and, to be honest, only basic functions and little use.

Come on Philips. Do all of those people who have paid lots of money for their (your) devices a big favour and at least give us an indication/idea of what you are planning for us :)

Thank you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse