Long Time Member
September 2003

Yep, all my dealings with Letsautomate have been
first class. Always recommend them to friends
etc. Had I not been buying the projector and
plasma and seen (been shown) the iPronto I too
would have purchased from Letsautomate. C'est
la vie!

The point I'm trying to make though is your dealer who you spent a large wadge of cash with seems to be leaving you dangling rather than actively chasing a resolution for you. There are iProntos out there working *PERFECTLY* - honest - I have one! And so they should be actively trying to sort out your problem rather than just dismissing it as a firmware issue or whatever. I have just sent back a set of iProntos with a repeatable and specific problem to the iPronto developers and have two customers that I know well enough to ask if they would assist (who have the same problem) and they are working with Philips themselves to get the problem resolved.

Now - maybe it will be just a firmware issue and will be resolved with an update and maybe it will turn out to be a hardware problem (and will get fixed by Philips RMA) but at least they're seeing that something is being done rather than just being left dangling.

Guess she doesn't read these forums then :)

Nope. :-)

BTW, my iP is back to behaiving perfectly, minus
802.11g around the house :(

No - it's *NOT* behaving perfectly ... if you have to disable mixed mode (b/g) on your Access Point then something isn't right as I am *DEFINITELY* running mixed b/g happily at home (I swapped access points last week to try to sort a different problem) and I'm getting a 54Mbit link (17Mbits real world throughput) to my laptop whilst the iPronto is connecting at 11Mbits simultaneously to the same Access Point.

What access point are you using?

Phil

Hosting Services by ipHouse