The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday August 17, 2006 at 18:39
tokey63
Long Time Member
August 2005
I was having that same problem (while awake) with both my pronto ng and both of my ipronto. I thought it was a problem with my ipronto. I dropped and damaged (weird contrast, not cracked) the screen (didn't mind paying depot fee). I came across a deal another and it was acting the same way. I even bought another router and made it a "B" completely open network using all static addresses for the net x's and iprontos. Still the same. Sometimes when i "wake" them up, they work for the first 2 commands, then it starts "sticking" and it will work fine, for about 10 more commands then stick. That's clearly a bug and i would think they could make it hold connection or simply the freeze may not be a connection issue, but a processing or OS issue. If they could fix that, they might have a good product. I would even set aside the fact this thing does not have a cradle and the fact this thing can't send an RF single. You would think for the amout they are asking for MSRP, this thing could do something right. If I'm going to pay $1300, I might as well spend an extra $500 and get me a Crestron (it doesn't stick and it doesn't take 8 seconds to change pages and has a cradle and can send RF signal for true home automation). Boy it would be nice Philips could fix those minor bugs.

Hosting Services by ipHouse