The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Monday October 14, 2002 at 22:38
Chris Goumas
Long Time Member
October 2002
I just bought a Neo a couple of days ago (how many time have you read that). One of my primary reasons for doing so was to control some X10 lights using the IR543 along with some other HT gear. I've downloaded the .ncf file discussed in this thread and it does not work.

I thought I also read something about a 3 button vs a 4 button NEO. I'm pretty sure they were talking about the hard buttons below the LCD screen. Mine has 4 buttons. I was wondering if the discussion thread here was for a 3 button model or if I'm doing something wrong. I've been able to download other .ncf files from this site and got them to work just fine. On the back of my remote is says "TSU500/01" then on the next line says "3104 207 12330". One of the first things I did when I got the remote was upgrade to the new firmware.

I'm guessing we're not comparing apples to apples and I'm hoping that it's something dumb I'm doing (or not doing) that someone can point out to me. From the messing around I've done so far it appears as though the IR codes are stored with the button on the NEOedit software. I've downloaded but not tried the NEOhacker yet. I was thinking about messing with some of the codes explained in this email but I was really excited to see someone already had them organinzed into a .ncf file.

I'm also wondering if instead of the IR543 you guys are using the IR543AH???? I've got the IR543. I don't really want to spend the extra $70+ to get a IR543AH when I think I could just return the NEO and get a TSU2000 for about the same and I think it would work fine with the IR543.

Sorry for being such a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse