Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday March 26, 2002 at 21:51
swally54
Founding Member
March 2002
Hi Mark,
I tested units 1-4 and they all worked perfectly. (that's all the devices that I have. Judging by the pattern in the strings the units 5-8 have a similar charcter pattern and will probably work if anyone else cares to try.

All On and All off also worked.
Bright and Dim did not. If I look for the pattern, every set of codes begin with
"0 f 6c 3 5f 4e 2e 8e fe"
and then end with
" 7c 3"

except for these 2 buttons. I did try the conversion from the ccf file by copying firectly from pronto edit to Pats spread sheet. The pattern that I got was more like what you show in the bright/dim buttons.
In this case they start the same and from charcter sets 13 to 18 repeat themselves. I wonder if what was recorded in the ccf file just got truncated when it copied to the spread sheet. At least it is something for me to play around with, and try adding the 7c 3 at the end.

As to the range, these X10 codes (and everything else) work on my Neo from 20 feet away. (that's as wide as the room is) Do you have any flourecent or other strange lights that might be interfering ? Try turning all lights off and see what happens. (I assume that you are using good alkaline batteries and not necessarily rechargables ?)

This is an amazing forum, and I think the NEO is the best remote I've used yet. I've got more functionality on it than I had with some of the original remotes. With Macros set up, I can now hit 1 button and turn on and set multiple devices to the right inputs.

I'll post back here when I work out the right combination. It must be close to what is needed.

Thanks for your help.
Steve

Hosting Services by ipHouse