Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 7, 2002 at 14:01
TLC
Founding Member
March 2002
Hi All….

I am posting this on both “Remote Central” (NEO & X10) & “Pronto Edit”, It seems to be an on going question that no one seems to be able to answer…I have been an X-10 user for better than 20 years, back when they were part of “BSR” & sold through “DAK”, as a matter of fact I still have the old brown ULTRASONIC remote control for X-10 & it still works!!!

That aside & back to the unanswered question;

Has anyone been able to teach the X-10 IR codes to the “NEO”?????????

If anyone has any insight please advise………….

I do have a work around for purposes of Home Theater use, but it is not the solution to the problem…..

You will need a X-10 “Macro Module -IR” this is available from the online Home Automation Catalog houses & X-10 PRO, I don’t think this is sold in the standard X-10 product line. This little box is actually pretty cool, you can build huge X-10 Macros triggered by a single standard X-10 on command. That said, & be careful, there are 2 versions of this little guy one with IR & one w/out, the IR input will detect most any signal from any IR remote to execute your programmed Macro, so it might be your TV On or DVD On or any key you wish, as long as it is putting out an IR signal.

I have been able to teach X-10 IR to my Sony AV2100, One For All IR/RF Home Theater Remote, & other learning & all work fine with my IR543, But not the “NEO”, so any thoughts or ideas gladly accepted. LET’S FIGURE THIS OUT!!!

As a final note I have seen several postings on X-10 forums regarding their 2.4 Gig Cams… A note of caution here… If you have a 2.4 Gig wireless phone, or if your neighbor does, if you use a microwave, or as I do, run Wireless Ethernet, AKA 802.11b, & WiFi, expect interference to totally destroy the picture!!! I bought 2 of these when they first came out, called X-10 support, & they pretty much said “TOUGH”!! So if you live on an island or in the middle of the desert, I will make you a great deal on 2 Cams, 2 Receivers, & 2 Batt Pks.

FYI...TLC...

Hosting Services by ipHouse