The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday September 18, 2002 at 12:37
rteichma
Lurking Member
September 2002
Actually I think remote layouts are a very personal thing. What one person likes another does not. I like the current Harmony and don't like the new one mentioned in the above link (too many keys). The way I use my system, I really only use 9 buttons: volume up/down channel up/down and navigation buttons. Would it be more intuitive if the Harmony had both navigation and vcr buttons? yes. However I kind of like having just one set for both since its less buttons to find without looking at the remote (something I hate to do while watching).

Again its a personal preference but this is my fourth "multi-component" remote (on this system... I actually started with the GE remote in the early 80s). The first one was a RS one with a key for everything. I liked it, but hated having to look at the unit and then try to figure out which key did what. The second was a Pronto which was great except that I had to look at it to do anything more than volume or channel changes. Even that was hard. The third one was a Tivo remote which was great except it did not control the other components.

By the way, I do leave out the Tivo remote for the kids to use. But that is because I rather have them break a $30 remote than a $200 one

Hosting Services by ipHouse