The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 20, 2006 at 08:11
mossywell
Long Time Member
June 2006
There are a couple of postings ([Link: remotecentral.com] and [Link: remotecentral.com] thanks to j.m. and bugmenot for those) that provide links to the IR Analysis Center. However, in my case, it wasn't usable without first getting into advanced mode. Given that the functionality to do this still exists but the links don't, I though I'd post exact instructions on how to get your IR codes into your database.

Logitech removed this functionality some time ago for some reason and I'm hoping that when they read this, they don't remove this way of getting into it (though with their current penchant for emasculating the functionality of their web site, they probably will)!

Here goes. Assuming that you're not logged in and don't have a login cookie set:

1. Go to main login page: http://members.harmonyremote.com and login.
2. Go into Advanced Mode: [Link: members.harmonyremote.com]
3. Click Home (top left). It should say "Advanced User Mode" in the top right.
4. Go to the Infrared Analysis Center: [Link: members.harmonyremote.com]
5. Click "Select an active device" and select the device you want to configure.
6. Click the "Manual" button.
7. Enter the raw IR code* into the "Data Value" field and hit the "Process" button. It should say "Converted from Pronto format successfully!".
8. Hit "Next".
9. Enter the IR command name that you wantr to use in the "Name" field and hit "Add". It should say "Command added successfully."

That's it! If there are less convoluted ways to do this, feel free to simplify this.

* I use generatercx to convert from RC5 to the raw command. [Link: home.tiscali.nl]

Hosting Services by ipHouse