The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 15, 2006 at 08:17
Lightsluvr
Lurking Member
January 2006
Am I the only one who has wasted hours on the phone with a level one tech while he/she goes through their checklist (most of which has nothing to do with a problem)?

I have two H659 remotes, purchased before the Logitech days. I had absolutely no problems updating my old 659's yesterday afternoon.

Last evening I purchased a new H880.

I turned off my McAfee security software. I have Windows XP with SP2. The website updated my Harmony software to version 7.2.

Immediately after the software update, I had a problem with the website - I had a good USB connection, and the website recognized the 880, but it simply would not update the remote. I was on the "sand dial" for hours with Update status of 0%.

After finally getting through to a level one tech, he sent me into such gyrations that ultimately the remote "blue-screened" on me, with a message that said "Connect website to update remote" Well, hell I WAS connected to the website. It was obvious that the remote was so brain-scrambled that it was beyond help. The tech was clueless. He said he was able to look at my remote and there was a problem that he couldn't identify. Still refused to escalate me...

So the tech says, "Take it back to the store". He entered an incident number for me and advised that a level two tech would call me within a business day.

Last night I swapped the "kluged" 880 for another new one at the retail outlet. I charged it overnight. I was excited early this morning that I got onto the website immediately and a good connection was made with the new 880. It looked like what I am used to seeing on the Harmony website...

Guess what? After entering my devices and activities, I clicked on the yellow "Update remote" icon, and I have been sitting here for 45 minutes waiting for something to happen. The sand dial is deafening... Is there an update queue??

I'm afraid to disconnect the remote from the USB connection while it is on the Update Remote screen.

Any suggestions out there? I'm still waiting for a call from the level two tech.

LL

Hosting Services by ipHouse