Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday January 21, 2007 at 19:57
Pfeff
Long Time Member
January 2007
Yes, I've seen that post.

I've sent an email requesting codes from Sony. Be interesting to see what happens...

I've seen elsewhere that others have emailed Logitech on the problem too. Be interesting to know if they watch this forum as it would be a good way of determining upgrades and fixes they could incorporate to their good range of remotes.

Does anyone watching this thread have a Sony remote (or other brand) that selects HDMI directly? If so, we'd be interested in hearing from you. We may be able to steer Logitech towards a solution.

I stumbled across another workaround off the dtvforum from Australia where some guy has found a way to make macros to send station channel numbers (more than one number) and assign to the remote keys. Apparently using the custom/raw learning tool, you can key more than one key press in sequence so long as they follow closely. I tried this on my 520 last night and it works, but there is not enough delay between the InputComponent and InputNext to go to the next input, but as it goes to HDMI ONCE the Component is already selected, it does record more than one key press. Tonight I will try to add a few unrecognised key presses between the two to act as a delay and see how it goes. Adjusting the delay programatically doesn't fix. This way I should be able to allocate the macro to a key. I'll post tonight to advise how this goes. Still not perfect but at least it should mean I can select HDMI with just one key press and have a psuedo fix...

Regards

Pfeff
H785, H520, TV:Sony KDL-40V2000, AV:Pioneer VSX-816K, DVR:Pioneer DVR-530H, DVD:Sony DVP-NS76H, STB:Pace 420, HT:Jamo A10-5

Hosting Services by ipHouse