The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Thursday January 10, 2008 at 18:50
Geil
Long Time Member
January 2008
Sorry did not know that I will get no notification for replies to this thread... how do I do that? its not in the profile settings...
Some more comments:
- LCD is bright enough in most conditions I had it in. It does look weired at times and simply does not look as good as the 1000. Almost looks like the image is slightly different betwen your left/right eyes hence some weired effect.. I don't want to say 3D-ish but....
- I have not seen any interface to upload custom buttons for commands nor activities yet (still hoping they will show up with finally option to create custom themes) but they do display the icon/image in the interface now besides the slection interface just there is no upload link
- Custom buttons definetely only have 6 per page and for activities there are only 3 but I would not want to see more (the 880 had buttons besides the LCD?) With this being a small touchscreen I find myself lacking the confidence of a 100% hit with my chubby fingers at times.
- the touchscreen is very sensitive as it is of the conductive type so I find myself pressing it in error at times but mostly only the bottom buttons for commands, favorite and device so no harm done
- I had the 880 before and you can't feel your way around it at all but this one I think will do well, especially since they have attempted to design a few of them with different depth and shape. but I am not used to it yet so we will see
- I have not had my 670 I think for a long time so I can't remember if I would prefer the rubbery feel but the buttons on this are easy to press but not too easy to be accidentally triggered (except for the touch screen). I can't remember if there was an tactile feedback but if there was it was very light and did not need any foce to cause any carpal tunnel syndrom
- overall it is very light but still feels solid but maybe because it's new and shiny and the touchscreen being so sensitive I find myself being very careful about handeling this unit so it is not quite as comfortable as it could be but maybe that will change ones I dropped it a few times. Certainly the remote and the buttons don't creak like the 520/570? I think I had for a real short time
- Battery life is definetely improved as it is still running since Sunday from it's first charge
- I did not go through the manual or the interface in detail but I did see some form of a transmitter/receiver looking thing on the lower end when I remove my battery cover and I think I do recall seeing learn label somewhere
- funny thing, like the remote is taunting me but when programming the PS3 it knows that it will not work with it as PS3 is BT but it still displays a bunch of buttons in the LCD

In all honesty ever since I upgraded from my 670 I have not been able to be as "happy" with the usibility and feel of the remote no matter what fanciness LGT has added but I truly believe this is as of yet the closest thing to it. If I could get this design and feel, skip the touchscreen somehow and gain the confidence that it is rocksolid as the old designs it would certainly surpass the 670. In it's current form I would say it comes close enough and is a needed replacement for anything newer than the 670 ;)

Update:

- I can feel and hear the clicking now that I am paying close attention to it and it's not that bad :)
- the tilt sensor to activate the remote from standby is not as responsive as previous models
- There is a white light on the charger top and you can set it to two different levels of bright or turn it off all together.. pretty cool
- oh the soft buttons around the LCD lights up in orange when you switch to Device mode :)
- Battery indicator shows almost 2/3 capacity after 4 days still

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-FX01 at 2008-01-10
Shot with DMC-FX01 at 2008-01-10
Shot at 2008-01-10
Shot at 2008-01-10
Shot at 2008-01-10

Last edited by Geil on January 10, 2008 22:30.

Hosting Services by ipHouse