Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday February 17, 2008 at 17:22
bratwurst
Long Time Member
June 2003
Alan:

I just ran into this todaywith my Harmony One. I wanted to replace the text "TiVo" label on the touchscreen with a nifty icon, like the TiVo remote has. But I got stumped trying to add it, and went to the Help center (using the Harmony Remote SW "Help" link). Oddly, it gives me this:

-----------------------------

"How do I add icons to customize the buttons displayed on the Harmony remote's screen?

This article applies to the following products:

Harmony One

To add icons to customize the buttons displayed on your Harmony remote's screen(for example, the X, Y, A, B buttons for your XBox 360):

1. From the Activities tab in the Harmony Remote Software, click the Customize Buttons button next to the appropriate Activity.
2. Click the On-Screen Buttons tab.
3. Enter the label name and select the device from the list.
4. Select the command from the list.
5. Once you have completed your customizations, click Done to save your changes.

List of special icons

* TiVo : Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down
* XBox 360 : X, Y, A, B
* Playstation : Cross, Circle, Square, Triangle
* Teletext : Red, Green, Blue, Yellow
* Digital Cable : A, B, C

FAQID=1145"
--------------------------

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I get lost on "2. Click the On-Screen Buttons tab"; I can't find it. I tried the "Additional Buttons" tab, and see the auto-supplied "Thumbs Up/Down" icons, but can't find a way to add icons to any other buttons, or even modify (as an experiment) the Thumbs Up/Down icons. My only guess is in the Help text where they list only the Thumbs Up/Down icons as available. But that's just a guess, and the Help file seems, simply, incorrect.

So I (and others) share your confusion, this doesn't seem to be available, but if someone else knows of a way I'd love to know! I hope I am just missing something obvious...

Hosting Services by ipHouse