The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday March 4, 2008 at 01:55
SHKnapp
Lurking Member
March 2008
Nope... didn't update the device. i added the new one, then deleted the old one. Then had to update all my activities to use the new one with the correct inputs. At first, everything seemed fine. All the standard functions of the new pre/pro worked. Input switching, Vol +/-, menus... all the normal stuff worked just fine. When i went to customize buttons on activities to get to some of the more advanced features, mostly audio related, that I noticed strange things. Like I said in the OP... there was no 'direct' button (bypass all the DSP stuff) but in activities there was a 'pureAudio' button. I added that, assuming someone misnamed it, but it did nothing. Fine, I'll update that button from my remote... but it wasn't in the device to update... weird. OK, I'll create a new one and teach it. But then I started to notice more and more differences.

Most everything is better now, at least there are the same buttons in device and activities... but they are not all correct. I still think they are using a code set from a receiver. There are lots of buttons that don't do anything on my pre/pro. And other buttons that are missing. But that's fine, I can add them. I was mostly concerned about the mismatch between device and activities.

thanks again everyone

Hosting Services by ipHouse