Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Monday March 3, 2008 at 17:46
acillatem
Long Time Member
January 2008
On March 3, 2008 at 17:38, jlet said...
No, that mixed up setup is wrong. It's teasing the devil.
If you want to use the toggle command (PowerToggle), then
in page 2 (2nd jpg) you must also select the toggle method
(One button on the remote for turning it both On and Off).

That's what I thought too........it's only logical, but this guy says that's how you're 'tricking' the remote.He had no idea why it wasn't working with the discrete commands so this was his 'fix'. I heard it's hit and miss with them, so I'm not surprised.

EDIT: Well, I called Logitech again and asked for second level support, because this stuff is just a little weird, and yes, you were right about that setup, but hey, you knew that already lol. Anyway, I explained everything to this guy and he thought it was something with the way the remote was communicating with the TV when using discrete commands, and that there was something he could change in the 'language' at his end that would most likely help with that, He said if it didn't work, I could simply use the toggle method again, but using discrete is better(which everyone has already told me). Anyway, he did whatever he did, I updated the remote, and (at least for now), it is working the way it should being configured for discrete commands, so that's cool. He told me if I really wanted to, that I could go into the custom settings and add another PowerOn command, so that everytime that command is sent, it always tells it to power on, and likewise for off, and that might help with my "co existing oem remote" situation. Not no sure on that one......think I'll just work on the wife getting used to the Harmony.

Last edited by acillatem on March 3, 2008 21:33.

Hosting Services by ipHouse