The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday March 3, 2008 at 15:45
acillatem
Long Time Member
January 2008
This is really weird.........I called logitech, and was on the phone at least an hour and a half with the guy. We added a new device(another TV), did something in the power delay, etc. etc. Through process of elimination, the guy determined that the discrete power commands for my TV don't work consistently, and his thoughts were that it's highly unlikely the remote itself, but the commands. Even though my TV supports the discrete commands(but the original remote uses a toggle) that it's just not working like that all the time........something like that. Still sounds weird to me........it worked fine the other day with the discrete commands. BUT, he set it up differently, and it works perfectly, as long as I don't bring another remote into the equation, and if I do, the help button will get me back in order. At least right now it's perfect. We tried the discrete on/off commands in the TV device on the Harmony, and they would not work,even though it was configured that way, like what was happening yesterday, BUT when I pressed toggle, the TV would do the opposite of whatever state it was in......it worked. THEN, if I tried the discrete power commands in the TV device, they would all of a sudden work???? That seems weird. The guy though maybe(and he really meant maybe) that something was going on with the memory in the remote.........commands not ported right, or someting like that, but thought it was more the TV not liking the discrete commands??? I don't know. Right now, here is how it is set up, and it works perfect, at least for now. These screen shots of the current power settings for the tv are in order:

So now, does this all make sense??? It seems to make sense to me, except for the fact that it worked the other day with no toggle commands in the equation, but the tv has still been turned off with the oem remote a few times, and that is a toggle, so maybe that screws up the thinking on the remote???? I know if we keep the oem remote out of the equation, that it seems there will be no problems, but the impression I was getting from a few people was that if I was going to keep the oem(wife's remote) in the equation that setting it up completely for discrete commands(no toggle anywhere) would be the answer to that. Maybe it is, but this thing with my TV and the commands is screwing that up, or it's still a defective remote, or???? If all this makes sense, please let me know. Thanks again!

Hosting Services by ipHouse