Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 25, 2008 at 17:05
twood
Lurking Member
March 2008
Hello,

I have a Harmony 880 remote that I have had for a couple of years. I had it programmed to send two TV Input commands to my Mitsubishi TV when I pressed the Watch DVD Activity button. The TV has discrete remote codes to allow you to put the TV into any of its input modes EXCEPT for the DVD input mode. So my setup was to put the TV on Input 3 then do an Input Next command when the Watch DVD activity was selected. This put the TV into the correct input mode.

Anyway, I programmed this in about a year and a half ago and haven't run the Harmony Remote Software since. Today I installed the Harmony Remote Software on my new computer to fix a small problem. Well after a couple of hours of searching, I found out that the new software doesn't allow you to select more than one command for the TV Input anymore. It also wiped out my old settings. So now I can't get my TV to switch to its DVD input mode without having to push additional buttons.

I noticed that they added the ability to run a sequence of commands from a single button. This is nice, but I still can't get it to do this from Watch DVD button. Is there a way to do this?

My only other choice is to setup the remote to just cycle through the inputs and not use any of the discrete codes. This will work, but takes longer. I liked the old way better.

Hosting Services by ipHouse