The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 21, 2008 at 13:23
hplbiking
Long Time Member
January 2008
I continue to have problems with some of my activities and hope someone can provide assistance.

I have an activity that turns on a Sony XBR4 TV, and a PVR. However SOMETIMES the receiver (Sony STR-DG710) also turns on. The receiver is not part of the activity. I can use the device mode to turn off the receiver, however this command is not captured by the Harmony so when I select Off, everything turns off but the receiver turns on!

I did some trouble shooting by turning on the TV directly from the power button on it 5 times and the receiver never turned on. I also turned on the TV with the original remote twice (did not have time before leaving for work) and the receiver did not turn on.

It’s when I use the Harmony to either select the Activity OR when I use device mode to turn on the TV that sometimes the receiver comes on. I should state that the receiver does not come at the same time, there is a slight delay.

Now I thought the problem was due to my multi Sony equipment and it’s Bravia theater link. However I now believe it is a Harmony issue. I understand that the Harmony sends the same signal more than once. I believe it is the repeated signal to turn on the TV that is turning on the receiver. However I cannot seem to find where on the web site you can change the number of repeats?

Am I on the right track or as usually have I off base?

Hosting Services by ipHouse