The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday July 9, 2008 at 12:51
LeeMS
Long Time Member
July 2008
Hi, we have the Harmony 550 which I am getting ready to return. don't get me wrong, Harmony appears to be a class organization with good ideas, but after three weeks and an unknown number of calls, emails, wasted hours (how about 20+), etc., I've about had it. We have a Sony LCD HDTV, Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray, Scientific Atlanta 8300HD cable box, Harmon/Kardon AVR 247 receiver along with The Bridge iPod dock. Nothing special here, but periodically I have trouble getting the AVR to turn on and have never been able to get the iPod dock to work. I've tried everything that I can think of and before we return the remote, I'm giving one more rep one last try, but I don't have much hope at this point. If I did, I'd be a fool.

Again, the Harmony remotes seem to be well made and thoughtfully organized, but the bottom line is functionality and I can't get ours to work for what we have and if I can't do that, then it isn't doing us much good.

I don't know anything about the other brands, but I will begin to explore them next.
Lee Simmons

Hosting Services by ipHouse