The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday August 12, 2008 at 23:43
starcrwzr
Lurking Member
January 2007
Well, after spending nearly an hour on the phone with Customer Support, they found the problem. Since I have an older 768 (nearly eight years old), and that I hadn't had to update it for nearly two years, I was using the wrong software. Turns out that when I went to the Logitech web page, and it asked me to enter the operating system and model number of my remote, it directed me to download the 7.5.0 software, when it SHOULD have told me to download the 4.0 software. Because of the incompatibility of the 7.5.0 for the older remotes, it was the source of the problem. Now I have to wait until they either fix the 7.5.0, to make it work with my 768, or, wait until the web page is fixed and allows me to download the older 4.0 software. Now I have to wait a few more days for the problems to be corrected. You would think that they could at least direct me to an FTP site where I could find the older software, but no, they hadn't a clue on where I could get and suggested I contact a "friend" who might have it. Some support.

Hosting Services by ipHouse