The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 2, 2008 at 12:37
thebiggfella
Long Time Member
September 2008
Hello all. I've been experiencing problems with my 885 regarding having to press the buttons far harder than I have to to get the desired effect. This is the third unit that I've had this problem with.

Whilst my latest one is still usable, it's becoming annoying in that I sometimes have to press the dodgy buttons several times before they do what they are meant to. I've sent another email to Logitech asking for a replacement, but I'm not sure if I'll get one as I got the first one nearly two years ago and cannot remember if the warranty is for one or two years.

I was wondering, if I can't get a replacement and have to eventually purchase a Harmony 1, can I still download my settings onto the 1, or will I have to start from scratch. Not only the devices, but also button settings etc.

From what I have read here, the button problem with the 885 is not uncommon. It's a real shame because functionality wise, it's a great remote. The build quality is pretty shabby though.

From those of you that have the Harmony 1, has the build quality improved any, and have you found any issues with the touch screen? I've never used a touch screen device before and am intrigued as to how effective or otherwise the one on the 1 is.

Hosting Services by ipHouse