Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Sunday May 20, 2007 at 08:42
Jopey
Long Time Member
October 2002
Hello,
since 2 days I'm a proud owner of a HK TC 30. Bought it brand new from a (web)shop here in the Netherlands for the (€-$ converted) price of 154 USD (of which 20 USD is postage). I guess a bargain.

First thing I did is install the Logitech drivers (v7.3), so I could benefit of the easiest way to setup the remote. But alas, when connecting the device to usb, it wasn't recognised. Tried to get is by finding it in ControlPanel/System/Human ID, but that didn't work either.
I then installed the downloaded Harman Kardon driver (v5.1.4.88). It found a newer version of the software online, which it installed immediately, so now it's updated to v 5.5.3.2.
In this software it's quite easy to setup the activities, buttons etc. It is exactly the same to setup devices as it is with the 'testdrive'-site of Logitech. Definitely the same catalog.

But, as I've read on the forums, there should be a difference between the HK and the Harmony sites concerning setting up activities and buttons. Can anyone explain to me what's the difference and if I really should try to get the Harmony-site working (ie recognising my HK-remote ;-) )?

I tried to use the tips written down bij drew2k1, but that didn't work. I get redirected to HK site/software. Removing cookies (which are named 'members.harmonyremote.com' to my surprise) didn't do the trick either.
When connecting it to the Logitech Harmony Remote software v7.3 I can't get the remote recognised. I sometimes get the message 'can't display page/content' or something like that.

If there's no difference between these latest versions of Harmony's and HK's software, then it'd be easy for me.

What WOULD be something to make me try more, is when Harmony's software is able to display a preview of how the remote's screen looks like with the button's on it.

greetz,
j0p3Y

Hosting Services by ipHouse