Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday August 30, 2002 at 13:05
jarmstrong
Founding Member
March 2002
Marc,

I just decoded the commands posted in the discrete section and they are the standard On and Off commands for the newer Panasonic TV. The Power toggle command is a different command. That does not mean that what you are seeing is the result of some mistake. Some equipment does seem to have one discrete command and a toggle. This seems more common in Europe. It may be worth one more try to paste the discrete off into your Pronto.

The obvious work-around is a macro where discrete On=On and Discrete Off is On/Power Toggle.

As far as the SkyBox, it does not use the standard Panasonic protocol (or any other of the 20 or so more common IR protocols) and I am not sure exactly what it is but it is bi-phase or Manchester encoded. If it used the Panasonic protocol, I could make a fairly educated guess at the commands.

It seems like most STB's do not have discrete power commands. I happen to have two that do and never turn them off. FWIW, I think the power consumption is minimal and they don't really turn off anyway the little LED goes out but usually they can be communicated with by the provider in any state.

-Jon

Hosting Services by ipHouse