The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday July 2, 2004 at 08:34
jarmstrong
Founding Member
March 2002
I realized I didn't answer your specific questions.

On 07/01/04 23:32, PAW said...
So my questions are:

1 - How are advanced codes and discretes different?

Advanced codes are functions that weren't included on some version of the OFA universal remote. Most manufacturers use the same command set for all major commands. There is some variation between models and advanced codes are a method of programming a feature that isn't in the built in library. They are only meaningful for a specific setup code and only for universal remotes made by UEIC (that makes the One-For-All (OFA) and certain Radio Shack models including the 2116). Advanced codes CAN be discrete commands.

2 - Are advanced code just the means to implement
discretes?

Yes, but advanced codes can program non-discrete functions also.

3 - I've looked at www.hifi-remote.com for the
advanced codes. Any other places to check for
advanced codes or discretes for this TV? I did
search here but no luck.

Panasonic is very consistent about what commands it uses for Power On, Off, and Video 1 through 4. Every display TV, RPTV, HDTV and Plasma that I have ever come across responds to those same commands, IF it has been programmed by Panasonic to recognize discrete commands. Panasonic is somewhat inconsistent about applying those discrete commands to the various models.

BTW, a Ch+/- command will bring most Panasonic TV's to the Tuner mode from any video input. So a pseudo discrete input command is a macro for Ch+|Video Toggle for Video 1, Ch+|Video Toggle|Video Toggle for Video 2, etc.

This message was edited by jarmstrong on 07/02/04 08:53.

Hosting Services by ipHouse