Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday March 8, 2005 at 00:44
SliderJeff
Long Time Member
March 2003
ashakin,

Samsung flat out told you a mistruth. There was an update given to all early adopters of the HLN sets which upgraded their firmware from v2xx to v214. The cost was around $200... but the actual cost to get the new digital board once that "special offer" expired was around $800 IIRC. Anyway, the FIRST firmware to support discrete codes of any kind on the HLN sets was v214. I personally have v204, v211 and v214... eventually getting that replaced with 1030. v214 discretes worked like a charm... 1030 worked like a charm as well... then the tv died and I now have an HL-P5685 on which none of the old codes work... very few of the new codes work... and most people have no clue what to do. I've spoken to level 2 tech support at Samsung about it and they are as baffled and pissed off as I am. I know that at least one guy there is hard at work creating a CCF file for a Pronto TSU6000, but it's far from complete. He's mystified by the Korean engineers and they even sent someone out to Korea to beat on them about this issue and others. They're trying to get a comprehensive set of what discretes work with what sets and with what firmware, but it's taking some time. Hopefully we'll know more in a few weeks.

Regs,
Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse