The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday August 25, 2006 at 10:03
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I had to entirely delete Adobe and reinstall. Then the next time I opened a Denon pdf file it asked if I wanted the Japanese Font update and installed it. Earlier it said I needed that but wouldn't let me install it.

Anyway, now that I can read the file, I see that the "No." column in the Kaseikyo section gives the function number. The older pdf files I have from Denon don't have that, and translating the binary "Data" section to get the function number was a tedious process.

In this file you can ignore all the binary info (those 1's and 0's that take up most of the space) except for the GENRE2 field (which is pretty easy because it has only 3 different values).

Denon's GENRE2 is the number MakeHex calls "subdevice". It is the number after the "." in the IRP file's device line. It is in backwards binary, so the three values Denon uses are
1 0 0 0 --> 1
1 1 0 0 --> 3
1 0 1 0 --> 5

Denon's GENRE1 is the number MakeHex calls "device". It is the number before the "." in the IRP file's device line. It is also in backwards binary:
0 0 1 0 --> 4
But there is only that one value, and the PDF file tells you that this 0010 means 4.

You'll need the Denon-K.irp file (for Denon's version of Kaseikyo). I think I forgot to added that to the official makeHex.zip, but I did include that in the previous thread on these codes. I'll try to find time later today or tomorrow to update makehex.zip.

To get this documented set of Denon Kaseikyo signals, you'll need to use MakeHex three times, once for device 4.1, once for device 4.3, and once for device 4.5
You should edit the function= line in the irp file for the desired range of functions. After each run of MakeHex, edit the Denon-K.hex file to find and copy the desired Pronto Hex strings. For device=4.1 the function numbers are scattered across the range 153 through 820, so it will be a big .hex file.

BTW, unless you say otherwise I'll assume it is the Denon Kaseikyo signals you want and you already have the Denon/Sharp signals documented in the pdf because those are the same as from other Denon remotes.

Hosting Services by ipHouse