The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday August 24, 2006 at 19:25
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On August 24, 2006 at 18:52, chicagoinstaller said...

The copy of Adobe reader I'm using at the moment makes a total mess of that file, even worse than I've seen before with Denon PDF files. I'll try with a different computer tomorrow.

But I can read enough to see that it has the same overal structure as other recent Denon files. There is a section for signals using Denon's version of the Sharp IR protocol and another section for signals using Denon's version of the Kaseikyo IR protocol.

You can use MakeHex for both, but the methods are pretty different, so attack the Denon/Sharp signals as a seperate project from the Denon/Kaseikyo signals. Most of the Denon/Sharp signals probably match so many older Denon devices that you already have all of them. So maybe you just need the Denon Kaseikyo signals.

These posts touch on how but what besides MAKE HEX, what
programs should I get to start the learning process..........

MakeHex does most of the job. You may need to convert some function numbers between decimal and hex (not sure till I can read that pdf better) for which you'll want Windows calculator in view/scientific mode.

For Denon/Sharp protocol and most others you would probably want IrPanels, because it is easier to get a bunch of signals from a CCF file than by edit/copy/paste from the .hex file.

But IrPanels only deals with the function number range 0..255. Denon/Kaseikyo signals tend to have larger function numbers. MakeHex could be used in ways that remap the range of function numbers. But that adds enough extra confusion it negates the benefits of using IrPanels.

That first one doesn't seem to have much on topic

That one is certainly about the same type of Denon Kaseikyo signals as the Kaseikyo portion of your pdf. But on quick skim through it I see mainly comments about earlier threads rather than explantions. It implies the explantions are in earlier threads, though it might add some.

That has some MakeHex basics. But the readme file included in makehex.zip has better makehex basics.

I don't think the problem will be makehex basics. The problem will be digging out the device numbers and function numbers from Denon's documentation. There have been several threads on that, some on the Denon/Sharp protocol and some on the Denon/Kaseikyo protocol.

I'll try to dig up some better info after I figure out how to read that pdf.

Adobe Reader is both telling me I need to reinstall and telling me I can't reinstall.

Hosting Services by ipHouse