The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Thursday November 18, 2004 at 17:38
prontodave
Long Time Member
July 2004
I've talked with two "tier 2" support tecs from Samsung in the last 24 hours regarding the correct and complete discrete codes for input selection on the HLP XX63W-series DLP TVs. The first tec sent me an excel spreadsheet to convert Samsung hex codes into Pronto IR codes. The sheet appears to be identical to the "bmontini's Excel spreadsheet" described earlier in this thread. It also contains the same hex codes for HLN, HLP, Plasma, and LCD Samsung TVs that have also been posted to this thread.

Needless to say, many these codes, when translated into Pronto form using the supplied spreadsheet do not work. Specifically, the HDMI, DVI, and RF codes do nothing.

When I called back, the second tec swore that there was no new firmware available for the HLP XX63W series. He said he would report my findings back to his boss and have him contact Korea to try to get me some answers (the tier 2 tec was in New Jersey).

I'll report back when I get a response from Samsung. I can post the spreadsheet to this forum, if there is interest, but as the information it contains matches what's already been reported, I'm not sure it's worth the download time (even using broadband....)

-- Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse