The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 84 made on Friday January 25, 2008 at 12:28
jongig
Long Time Member
January 2008
On December 15, 2007 at 00:46, Tom Ciaramitaro said...
On a new FPT5884 plasma, the HDMI 1 input from the RTI
database goes right to that input. If pressed again,
or if the macro runs again when it is already on that
input, it goes to the tuner. From any other input, bingo
it hits HDMI 1. Repeat it and to tuner it goes. Any
possible explanation?

That's interesting because I have the same TV and I didn't notice this? I want to find a way to get to source-tuner and have not found a way. Maybe a macro of just repeating an input twice. If what you say is right than my macro's will screw up, maybe. If I set a macro to power-on, source-HDMI-1, pre/pro on and etc. it could if the set is already on HDMI 1 end up on the tuner.

I need to get the descreet code for source-tuner, anyone seen this?

Just a thought about your problem. If you have an input that does not get used maybe you could include that in your macro. I.e. if you don't use PC than you could macro to PC followed by the input of your choice and since the TV will never be on PC than it would always work. Same thing could be used if you wanted the tuner. With a macro you'd use the PC code twice and no matter where you are you'd end up on tuner.

On the other hand I hope this doesn't work with my TV because I sold this to the family saying it would be easy to just press one button and the entire system would be ready, put in a disk into the open tray and press play, easy. Two buttons and you're watching a movie. If they press that button and end up with sponge bob on the tuner I'm in deep do-do.

john

Hosting Services by ipHouse