The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 1, 2002 at 19:20
McNasty
Founding Member
January 2002
My boss seems to give the customers too much info and I was just wondering how you all do your billing. We seem to run into problems with clients watching their clocks and trying to cut time off the final bill (which I'm sure they all do to an extent). But my boss sends them bills for stage payments and such that has a detailed list of what we did every day and the exact times we were at their house. Now the problem I have with this is that they read the list and wonder why it seems like a lot got done on one day and not so much on another. Which is usually the case when we have inwalls that go in nice and smooth and some that you have to remove studs, or chisel brick or concrete just to get them where the client wants them. They don't understand the time it takes to mask off there extremely expensive stuff so we don't ruin it...not to mention cleaning up. I swear I have blown more brick dust out of my nose than what was left in the house on occasions. But anyways, what I was trying to get at was that I don't think the client needs to know I got at their house at 8:15 and left at 5:30, especially since we round off a lot to make our sheets easier to read. eg: If I get at a job at 8:50 I will punch in for either 8:45 or 9:00 and then adjust my time of departure to make it even. In otherwords I try to keep it to the quarter hour. It basically just makes it easier to add up each week. I just don't understand why he can't just let them know the amount of hours we work? Anybody agree? Don't get me wrong, I think it is great to keep the customer informed...But I do think there is such a thing as too informed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse